rickemmanuel

Monday, December 18, 2006

sprouts in brussels?

Thanks to buzzgirl, I can now say I like brussels sprouts. She has a recipe that completely turned me around. Instead of bacon, I used pancetta that I blanched beforehand to remove some of the saltiness. And like her, how I wish lardon is readily available here in the US. Funny anecdote, the last time E and I were in Paris, we bought a couple of packages of lardon and froze them. We put them in our luggage and 'smuggled' them into the US. The things we do for good food!

1 Comments:

Blogger buzzgirl said...

Rick, I'm so glad you made them! I'm not sure how much nutritional value they retain after the cheese and bacon (pancetta - yum!) are added, but I really like them! You've made my day!

By the way, when are we getting together? I'm in the City if you want to come over here. Actually, I was in Oakland not 20 minutes ago!

1:56 PM, December 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
online college search