rickemmanuel

Friday, April 28, 2006

art? really? ugh?

The phone rang the other night and it was from SF MOMA telling me that it's time to renew my membership. This woman, who was either drunk or drugged, slurred her way through her script. I let her do her spiel and she even pretended to look at her 'computer' to check when the last time I visited the museum was. After a few minutes, I cut her off and told her that I would not be renewing at this time and hung up the phone. Why should I? The last time I went there they had an exhibit that really incensed me even to this day. I forgot who the artist was but I distinctly remember several pieces that had basic 'drawings' that one expects from a pre-schooler to do. There was one of a squiggly line about three inches long drawn with a red pencil and somehow highlighted in yellow and another with a piece of thread somehow attached to sheets of paper with periods on them. I clearly understand it was a 'period' that the artist was at that time but was it worthy of a large retrospective?

Is this art?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:42 AM, May 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

7:43 AM, May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
online college search